Sunday, February 28, 2010

EPL - Shawcross claims 'no malice' in tackle

Stoke defender Ryan Shawcross insists there was 'absolutely no malice' in the challenge on Aaron Ramsey which led to the Arsenal player suffering a badly broken leg during the Premier League clash at the Britannia Stadium.

Ramsey was taken to hospital after a tackle by Shawcross, who was later called up to the England squad to play Egypt next week, as the Gunners came from behind to win 3-1.

Shawcross release a statement shortly after. The statement read: "There was absolutely no malice in the challenge. I would never, ever go out to hurt a fellow professional."

"I am deeply upset that Aaron has suffered such a bad injury and my thoughts are with him. I would like to send him my best wishes too for a speedy recovery."




No comments:

Post a Comment