Saturday, September 3, 2011

Essien positive over rehab

Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien believes he is recovering well from his latest knee injury, but said it is "too early" to estimate when he will return to action.

Essien, 28, ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament at the start of pre-season training, and is expected to be sidelined for most of the campaign.

The Ghana international has not enjoyed the best of luck with injuries, but remains positive. He wrote on in his blog on Chelsea's official wesbite website: "The injury is well-documented so I will not dwell on it, however I can say I have had a good operation on my knee and I am definitely on the mend."

Chelsea swooped for Liverpool midfielder Raul Meireles on transfer deadline day to bring in extra cover in midfield, while Andre Villas-Boas also welcomed Barcelona teenager Oriol Romeu to the club during the summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment